As a committee leader or chair, you have an increased level of responsibility to support the safety committee and other employees. You have likely been selected as the committee chair due to your impeccable leadership skills. You should complete this program so you can:
- Learn how to effectively manage a safety committee or team.
- Fine-tune your leadership skills.
- Understand your responsibilities.
- Learn how to define your safety committee or team as a "safety consultant."
- Work towards gaining additional safety responsibility.
- Improve your resume.
Safety committees should have representation from both management and labor, as well as various departments. This ensures both strategic and day-to-day operational perspectives are considered when managing safety within an organization. In order to effectively monitor progress and direct the affairs of the safety committee, it is useful for a committee leader or chairperson to be appointed. This program will help committee leaders within your organization:
- Promote safety goals within your business.
- Educate employees on the importance of working safely.
- Brainstorm solutions to hazards and accidents.
- Reduce the risk of workplace injuries and illnesses overall.
- Positively affect your bottom-line by reducing injury claims.
- Learn how your safety committee can improve the quality of your business.