Becoming a true safety leader is not a one-stop destination, but rather a continual journey. It is important you stay current in the oil and gas field and know how to apply safety to be successful. By completing this program, you will be able to:
- Develop your safety and leadership skills within the oil and gas industry.
- Stay current on OSHA's regulations.
- Learn how to effectively investigate accidents, such as oil spills or injuries.
- Monitor oil and gas employees.
- Evaluate safety management systems.
Oil and gas employees are typically under the watch of your first line of management-your supervisors. Because of their daily influence on employees and their hands-on mentality, you should put your safety supervisors through this program so you can:
- Impact the success of your safety management system.
- Ensure all employees implement and follow safety standards relevant to the oil and gas industry.
- Properly identify the hazards each level of employee faces.
- Find areas where safety can be improved.
- Avoid costly liabilities and workers' compensation, which are major concerns for any organization operating in this dangerous field.