Frame not included.
|| All Industries
Access 100% of our training material for FREE, including the study guide, module quizzes, course activities and resources, and course exams.
- $ PDF & Original
- $ Original
- $ PDF
Shipping & Handling not included for original certificate prices.
- General Requirements
- Rope Descent Systems
- Fall Protection
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Working at elevations requires fall protection.
A walking-working surface is any horizontal or vertical surface on or through which an employee walks, works, or gains access to a work area. The rules apply to walking-working surfaces in all
general industry workplaces.
This training is only a short summary of each of the section listed below. It is not inclusive. Please review
OSHA Standard 1910 Subpart D, Walking-Working
Surfaces, for a detailed presentation.
- 1910.22 - General requirements
- 1910.23 - Ladders
- 1910.24 - Step bolt and manhole steps
- 1910.25 - Stairways
- 1910.26 - Dockboards
- 1910.27 - Scaffolds and rope descent systems
- 1910.28 - Duty to have fall protection and falling object protection
- 1910.29 - Fall protection systems and falling object protection - criteria and practices.
- 1910.30 - Training requirements
Modules and Learning Objectives
Click on the links below to access the modules. You can also click on the links at the top of the page.
Module 1: Surface Hazards Causing Falls
Learning objectives in this module include:
- Describe the general requirements for good housekeeping practices.
- List at least five best practices for safe ladder use.
- Describe the "three-point-control" and correct ladder angle guidelines for portable ladders.
- Describe at least five guidelines for the safe use of fixed ladders, mobile ladder stands, and platforms.
- List at least five requirements for the design of standard, spiral, and alternating tread-type stairs.
- Identify guidelines for the safe use of dockboards.
- Describe requirements for rope descent system use, capacity, care, and maintenance.
- Discuss training and retraining requirements for the hazards associated with falls.
Module 2: Protection Against Falls
Learning objectives in this module include:
- Describe the three primary fall protection systems for use while working at heights.
- Describe the fall protection systems used to protect employees working around holes, openings, runways and ramps, pits and over dangerous equipment.
- Describe the safety guidelines while climbing fixed ladders.
- Describe stairway guardrail, stair rail, and hand rail requirements.
- Describe the safety requirements while working on low-slope roofs, including the use of designated areas.
- List the components and describe the requirements for guardrail systems.
- Describe the fall protection requirements for stairways, handrails, and stair rail systems
- Describe safe practices when using fixed ladders.
- Discuss the design and safety requirements for toeboards.
Please login to your student dashboard to access and download this FREE course PDF studyguide. You can save this study guide to your computer for offline studying, or print the study guide if you prefer.
Course 114 Final Exam
After studying the course material and answering the quiz questions, it is time to take the final exam. We highly recommend answering the module quiz questions to check your understanding
of the course material. The final exam questions are typically developed from these quiz questions.
OSHAcademy course final exams are designed to make sure students have gained a sufficient understanding of the content
covered within each course. To help demonstrate this understanding, students must achieve a passing score on course
final exams. It is OSHAcademy's policy to protect the integrity of our exams: as a result, we do not provide missed questions to students.
This is an open book exam. Students are permitted to use a separate browser window to review course content while taking the exam. If you do not pass a final exam, you
will see a "Retake Exam" button next to the course on your student dashboard.
If you have already paid for your certificate
If you have already paid for certificates, your exam score will be displayed on your student dashboard after successfully passing the final exam. If you chose PDF certificates, you can
view and print your certificate and personal transcript from your student dashboard. If you chose original printed documents, they will be prepared and mailed to the address in your student account.
If you only want free training
OSHAcademy provides free access to all training materials, including course modules, practice quizzes, exercises, and final exams. However, exam scores, certificates, and transcripts
are provided only if you purchase a certificate package to document your training. If you do not require official training documentation, we will archive your exam results should you
decide to purchase official certificates later.
Take the Final Exam